Start your savings with The City Bank Limited’s Shariah based Islamic Savings scheme from the comfort of your home without any hassle of paperwork. Under this scheme the monthly deposit will be automatically deducted from your bKash Account and deposited to the City Bank’s City Islamic and you will get the total amount with profit in your bKash Account at maturity. You can also Cash Out the matured amount without any cash out cost!
Details of the Islamic Savings scheme of The City Bank Limited
- Deposit Amount: BDT 500/1,000/2,000/3,000 per month
- Term of Savings Scheme: 2/3/4 years
- Profit Rate: to be determined by The City Bank Limited after month end.
- As per prevailing laws of the land, AIT and Excise duty will be applied
Learn how to start an Islamic Savings scheme from the bKash App
- Tap on Savings from the bKash App home screen
- From Savings Dashboard, tap Open New Savings/Update Your Information
- Select Islamic Savings
- If you have an e-TIN, please provide its information
- Select Term (2/3/4 years), Deposit Frequency (monthly) and tap Proceed
- Select Deposit Amount (BDT 500/1000/2000/3000) and tap Proceed
- Select Scheme from Suggested Scheme list
- Enter Nominee-related information and tap Proceed
- Select Savings purpose and tap Confirm
- After reviewing Savings Summary, tap Confirm
- Tap Accept after reviewing Scheme Terms & Conditions
- Enter your PIN on the PIN Screen
- Tap and hold to start Savings
- You will get request submission confirmation in the next screen
- Now you have successfully opened your Islamic Savings scheme digitally. Keep sufficient balance in your bKash Account on the specific date of every month and Cash Out the total amount with profit at maturity without any cost!
Additional information to know of the Islamic Savings scheme
- You can open multiple savings schemes from your bKash App
- You can change the nominee information if needed
- There is no hidden/additional charge for the Islamic savings scheme from bKash/The City Bank Limited
- As per the current regulation of Bangladesh Government, tax will be imposed on your accumulated profit amount on encashment. If you provide your valid eTIN information and proof of submission of tax for the savings scheme, you will be deducted less tax at source on profit earned/to be earned. If you don’t have eTIN, please check the NBR website to register: eTIN: https://secure.incometax.gov.bd/TINHome
- It is not possible to cancel a savings scheme with The City Bank Limited before the completion of 3 months. However, you can request for early encashment any time after completing 3 months
- bKash shall not be responsible if anyone using your PIN, verification code and other information fraudulently cancels your savings facility scheme or commits any other fraud related to your savings scheme.
- If you want to close your savings scheme before the maturity date, you may not receive the expected profit as per your chosen savings scheme. For more information, related to forgone profit and other charges (if any) please see The City Bank Limited’s T&C.
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your bKash account or your account is not in active status at the time of attempted debit transaction, the transaction will fail and bKash will retry to debit your account on the following seven consecutive days. If the debit transaction fails due to insufficient balance or account status, you may not be entitled to potential profit earnings from The City Bank Limited for that specific day. If the debit transaction fails at the last attempt it will be considered as a missed instalment and you will not be entitled to potential profit earnings from The City Bank Limited related to the relevant deposit amount.
- bKash reserves the right to change or amend any of the terms & conditions mentioned above at any time without prior notice to bKash Customer.